I’m using both the Facebook and LinkedIn Social Connector Provider in Outlook. Currently, when the contact both exists in Facebook and LinkedIn, it shows the Facebook picture.
However, since people tend to use more professional portrait photos on LinkedIn, I’d prefer to get the Linked picture instead.
Is there any way to change this?
When you are using the Social Connector with Outlook 2010 or previous, which picture is being displayed for the contact is not controllable.
No matter which installation order I used for the Social Connector Providers and no matter which order I used to add the accounts to Outlook, it always ended up showing the LinkedIn picture in the People Pane and other places.
So if you prefer to see the usually more frequently updated contact pictures from Facebook, you’re out of luck.
In Outlook 2013 however, there is an option to set a certain provider as the default.
- File-> Account Settings-> Social Network Accounts
- Click on the Edit icon of the network which you like to set as the default.
- Press the Options >> button to expand the Settings dialog.
- Select the option: By default, show photos and information from this network when available.
- Press OK and then Finish to close the opened dialogs.
- You may need to restart Outlook for changes to take effect for all contacts as Outlook builds up a cache during an Outlook session.