I'm using mulitple mail profiles. Is there any way to confirm which profile is in use at any time?
I see no indication in Outlook of which profile is in use. Exiting and restarting Outlook lets me choose which profile
to use but it doesn't tell me which I was using.
How can I get some form of indication for this?
Outlook doesn’t have a direct way of telling you this, but you can rename certain sections to provide you with an indication.
Some techniques are;
- Rename the root of your folder set;
Right click the root of your folders-> Properties-> button Advanced...-> edit the Name field
If you’re not using POP3 or IMAP, see this post instead.
- When using Outlook 2003 or later, you can create a folder in your mailbox and name it after your mail profile. You can then add this as the first folder in your Favorite Folders list.
- Rename your default account. For instruction see this previous post.
- Rename your default Send/Receive group. This name is displayed when you press the down arrow on the Send/Receive button.
- Outlook 2007 and previous
Tools-> Options…-> tab Mail Setup-> button: Send/Receive…-> button: Rename
- Outlook 2010
File-> Options-> Advanced-> button: Send/Receive…-> button: Rename
- In Outlook 2007 and previous you can add a new menu to your Toolbar and rename it to your profile name;
- View-> Toolbars-> Customize…
- In the Categories section scroll down to New Menu.
- From the Commands section drag and drop the New Menu button to Toolbar at the top of the Outlook window.
- Right click the New Menu item on the Toolbar to specify the Name field.
- Close the Customize dialog.
- In Outlook 2010 you can rename the Home tab to your profile name;
- File-> Options-> Customize Ribbon
- Select the Home tab in the right list.
- Press the Rename… button.
- Press OK and OK again to close the open dialogs and to confirm the changes.