In Outlook 2003 when an item was flagged, and subsequently marked Complete, the email would show the date and time it was de-flagged and marked as complete. In Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, it is only showing the date.
How do I get it to show both the completed date and time again?
You cannot change that flagging behavior and I’m not sure why the Outlook Team has changed that behavior in Outlook 2007 and it is still the same in Outlook 2010.
Flag completed time and date in Outlook 2003.
Flag completed date in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010.
Adding the Flag Completed Date column
What you can do is adding the "Flag Completed Date" column to your view and customize the date layout for that column to include both the date and the
time. Now when you hover on a message, you'll see a tooltip popping up with the date and time when it got marked as completed.
- Open the View Settings dialog
- Outlook 2007
View-> Arrange By-> Custom…
- Outlook 2010
tab View-> button View Settings
- Outlook 2007
- Click the Columns… button
- Set the dropdown list “Select available columns from” to “All Mail fields”.
- From the “Available columns” list select “Flag Completed Date”.
- Press the “Add ->” button.
You can leave the column at the bottom.
- Press OK to return to the View Settings dialog.
- Press the “Format Columns…” button.
- Select “Flag Completed Date” from the “Available fields” list.
- Set the “Format” list to a date format that contains the time and date in the format that you like.
This formatting is based on your date and time settings in Windows.
- Press OK and OK again to close the open dialogs and to return to your folder view.
Hover on the message to see both the date and time for the message that has been flagged as completed.
Flag completed time and date in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010.