We’ve recently switched to Microsoft Teams and I’d really like to add a “Chat with me in Teams” link to my signature.
Is this possible?
Adding a “Chat with me in Teams” link in you Outlook Signature (or anywhere else) is really easy to do. All you have to know is the link that does all the magic;
Obviously, you must replace the “<youremailaddress>” part with your actual Microsoft 365 email address that you use with Teams.
Creating a chat link with a Teams icon
Instead of just copy/pasting the link with your email address into your Signature, you could make it look a little bit nicer by using some text, the Teams icon or both.
- To insert an image into your signature, use the icon in the Signature Editor.
- If you want to use the Teams icon, you can download this file, which contains the Teams icon in various sizes.
- Optionally, type some text such as; Chat with me on Teams!
- You can select the text and resize it, change its color, change the font type, etc…
- Select the icon and/or the text and press the icon to add the hyperlink to start a chat session on Teams.