I accidentally deleted an email from Outlook which I still need. I have my POP3 account set to keep a copy on the server and the message I need is still there.
How can I tell Outlook to redownload this specific message?
For most POP3 servers it is enough to move the message from the Inbox folder to another folder and then back again.
- Login to your web based mailbox.
- Create a new folder if you don’t have any other folders than the default ones.
- Move the message from the Inbox folder to the other folder.
- Press the Send/Receive button within Outlook.
- Move the message in the web based mailbox back to the Inbox folder on-line.
- Press the Send/Receive button within Outlook again.
- The message should now arrive in Outlook again.
Note 1: Depending on the date stamp of the message and how you have configured Outlook to sort your mail, the re-received message might not show up at the top of your message list.
Note 2: To configure Outlook to leave a copy in your on-line mailbox see; Leave messages on mail server.